1. When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, it flies away. If you dont cut, it stays with you.
5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting makes all of them fly away.
6. Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
7. Even if you don't cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
I've heard of this and I think I'm going to try it.
ZOMG thats such a good idea!!! Are you gonna get K to draw one? ( dont answer if thats's too personal)